Virtual Experiential Learning is a process of engaging students through real and virtual activities that offers direct experiences within real-world settings and contexts. Also known as learning through action, learning by doing, or learning through discovery, experiential learning can be an important pedagogical tool in online courses. The instructors teach, and the participants learn in real-time, face-to-face but via internet-enabled technology devices.
• How is Virtual Experiential Learning different from traditional classroom?
Everything remains the way it is. The only difference is: an online classroom uses technology to support instruction and learning.
Brainstorming, ideation, and discussions happen in real-time. Assignments are shared pre and post the session. The reports are ready right after the session is over.
• Role of Teachers –
Fundamental knowledge acquired by our teachers to succeed in a technology-dependent & instructional environment of Virtual Experiential Learning.
Teachers impart education that focuses on active experiential learning.
Teachers regularly regulate IQ, alongside EQ with regards to emotional competency, maturity and sensitivity.
Teach skills such as active listening, self-awareness and empathy to equip learners succeed both academically and socially.
• Role of Technology –
Technology impacts Virtual Experiential Learning through a comprehensive set of features to deliver seamless and synchronous learning online :
ü Real-time Interaction
ü High-definition video conferencing
ü Secure live streaming
ü Server-side recording
ü Live screen sharing
ü Easy administration
ü Homework & evaluation sheets
ü LMS & Resource Sharing
ü Live Demonstrations
ü Virtual Experiments
ü Through online assessment
• Based on multiple aims of education we can concur that Virtual Experiential Learning should be structured for preparing young minds towards life, work and citizenship.
• Hence, Virtual Experiential Learning is focused at holistic development to enhance & empower learner’s physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual capabilities.
• Ensure that learning a is a continuous process encompassing all elements in current scenario & engaging the learners so that learning happens.
• To reach out the learners through asynchronous & synchronous methodology of teaching.
• Interact and collaborate in real time
Live classes, highly interactive and responsive web-based virtual classroom.
• Track milestones
Age specific structured learning outcomes, track and maintain milestones through the developmental tracker.
• Routines for every child
Daily routine that supports child’s learning and keeps them busy, engaged and happy in a constructive manner.
• Safe and secure
Secure data and digital IP protection.
• Technology Driven
Technology harnessed to reform traditional school systems where learning means primarily self-study, deep learning & widening knowledge.
• New Age Learning
Technology in sync with multiple intelligence gives opportunities to learners to learn in their preferred style using audios, videos, worksheets, daily quizzes and simulated experiments in virtual reality etc.
• Evaluation & assessments
• Peer to Peer Bond
It focuses on self-study by the learner through online resources with an online community of peers facilitating learning through collaboration.
• Role of Teachers
Teachers as facilitators:
• Physical & Mental Wellbeing
Physical fitness, yoga, dance, music, art, life-skill & Awaken Citizen Program sessions provide ample opportunities for holistic development of learners.
• Communication with parents
Information sharing done through School ERP, Website & broadcast messages
• Create a conducive learning environment where a learner can be confident to take decisions in the pursuit of self-directed discovery.- using both sync. & asynch modes of learning
• Encourage students to make discoveries for themselves.
• Let students take responsibility for their own learning through sync & asynch methologies
• Regular feedback from students to monitor their learning.
• Keep the chosen learning activities relevant to the interests, values, perspectives and experiences of the individuals.
• To enhance physical, social, emotional, & adaptability quotient.
Padagogy methodology which is child driven child interactive
• For Primary Classes
Various techniques and strategies are implemented to keep learners involved and engaged these are based on Multiple Intelligence and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The Activities are not only engaging but enhances critical thinking and application of learning. Strategies like Discussions, Projects, Power Point Presentations, Quiz using kahoot or MS teams, Videos etc makes teaching learning interactive. Certain online activities like Spellathon, tell a tale, live experiments not only enhance confidence but also give make learners inquisitive.
• Middle classes –
Techniques and strategies adopted for active learning environment during the sessions following are few strategies designed keeping in mind Multiple Intelligence and Bloom’s Taxonomy. Group Discussions, Gamification, Quizzes and puzzles, Collaborative Projects, Power Point Presentations, Flow Charts, Videos, Virtual maps, etc.
• For senior classes :
Various strategies based on Bloom’s Taxonomy and Multiple Intelligence are used to reach out to learners. Strategies like Group Discussions, Collaborative Projects, Power Point Presentations, Flow Charts, Mind Maps, Videos, Virtual maps etc. makes teaching learning process more engaging and interactive
• Online Parent Teacher Meetings are organized to discuss academic progress & development of learners.
• Care Calls are made to parents at regular intervals to check for their wellbeing of the family.
• Regular Counselling sessions for learners to manage stress & anxiety.
• Availability of School counsellor for one-on-one counselling session.
In the current scenario, wherein technology is playing an important role in the teaching-learning process, it is equally important that our learners are aware about the pros and cons of technology and act responsibly.
Please Click Here to read Complete Guidelines for Parents and Learners for the Online Classes.
Also, we will put Links to PDF of:
• Operating Systems Requirement : Windows – 7 or above
• Internet browsers (latest version of):
Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)
• Broadband connection of Internet – Minimum 5 MBPS
• USB web camera
• Headset or Headphones (optional)
• Web camera and Mic using
• Upload/download speed : 10 mbps or more.
Speed Test can be checked from : www.speedtest.net
• Learning Management System – Billabox, Diksha Portal, E-pathshaala (links to download)